DSR Drawing contest
The international contest Dark Skies Rangers Drawing is promoted by NUCLIO with the following objectives:
- Communicate the causes and consequences of light pollution;
- Raise awareness of the importance of using outdoor lighting that are energy efficient and that direct the light downward;
- Contribute to the reduction of light pollution and the preservation of the night sky;
- Promote interest in Astronomy.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The contest is intended to students between 5 and 10 years old. The drawing must be original and produced individually in A4 format, according to the objectives of the contest. If the drawing include text, it must be in English or Portuguese. The drawing can be made with digital tools.
- register one student per class on the contest page (teachers can promote the contest in each class to select the best drawing);
- send the drawing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each school can submit one drawing per class. Students can also apply for the Dark Skies Rangers Report contest.
The registration and the drawing must be submitted until June 4, 2021. Only the drawings submitted by the deadline will be considered in the contest.
The twelve drawings with the most votes will be selected through a public voting at http://dsr.nuclio.pt, which will take place between June 7 to 18, 2021. The drawings that do not meet the conditions of participation in the contest will be rejected.
Twelve students and their teachers will be awarded. The prize will be a calendar with the students’ drawings. The winners will be announced in June 21, 2021.
DRAWINGS USAGE RIGHTS
In the context of Dark Skies Rangers project and sharing of best practices, NUCLIO has all the rights of reproduction, publication and exhibition of the drawings, worldwide, in any medium, without prior notice, consent or compensation.
The drawings will not be subject to any kind of marketing, unless agreed by all parties and to promote the Dark Skies Rangers.