DSR Drawing contest
The international contest Dark Skies Rangers Drawing is promoted by NUCLIO with the following objectives:
- Communicate the causes and consequences of light pollution;
- Raise awareness of the importance of using outdoor lighting that are energy efficient and that direct the light downward;
- Contribute to the reduction of light pollution and the preservation of the night sky;
- Promote interest in Astronomy.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The contest is intended to students between 5 and 10 years old. The drawing must be original and produced individually in A4 format, according to the objectives of the contest. If the drawing include text, it must be in English or Portuguese. The drawing can be made with digital tools.
- promote the contest in each class to select the best drawing;
- register only one student per class on the contest page;
- send the drawing in digital format to email@example.com
Students can also apply for the Dark Skies Rangers Report contest.
The registration and the drawing must be submitted until May 10, 2019. Only the drawings submitted by the deadline will be considered in the contest.
JURY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The jury will consist of NUCLIO elements and will select the twelve drawings with the most votes, through a public voting at http://dsr.nuclio.pt, which will take place between May 13 and 24, 2019.
The jury may reject any drawing that does not meet the conditions of participation in the contest.
Twelve students and their teachers will be awarded. The prize will be a calendar with the students’ drawings. All drawings submitted for the contest will be included in a digital photographic mosaic. The winners will be announced in May 27, 2019.
DRAWINGS USAGE RIGHTS
In the context of Dark Skies Rangers project and sharing of best practices, NUCLIO has all the rights of reproduction, publication and exhibition of the drawings, worldwide, in any medium, without prior notice, consent or compensation.
The drawings will not be subject to any kind of marketing, unless agreed by all parties and to promote the Dark Skies Rangers.