DSR Video contest
The international contest Dark Skies Rangers Video is promoted by NUCLIO with the following objectives:
- Communicate the causes and consequences of light pollution;
- Raise awareness of the importance of using outdoor lighting that are energy efficient and that direct the light downward;
- Contribute to the reduction of light pollution and the preservation of the night sky;
- Promote interest in Astronomy;
- Develop skills in the field of e-learning.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The contest is intended to teachers and students between 5 and 18 years old. Students must have the orientation of an adult (teacher, tutor, guardian or a member of the family). The mentor can support more than one student.
Teachers and students must create an original video about light pollution effects on wildlife, in English or Portuguese, with a maximum of 3 minutes and produced individually, according to the objectives of the contest.
Participants must register on the contest page and send the video to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students between 5 and 10 years old can also apply for the contest Dark Skies Rangers Drawing.
The registration and the video must be submitted until May 26, 2017. Only the videos submitted by the deadline will be considered in the contest.
JURY AND EVALUATION CRITERIA
The jury, composed of NUCLIO elements, will select the best videos according to the following parameters: relevance according to the objectives of the competition, scientific accuracy, quality and originality. The jury can reject any video that does not meet the conditions of participation in the contest.
Three students and one teacher will be awarded according to the following categories:
- Students between 5 and 12 years old;
- Students between 13 and 15 years old;
- Students between 16 and 18 years old;
The prize will be a tablet PC. The winners will be announced in June 3, 2017, during the Festa das Estrelas.
WORKS USAGE RIGHTS
In the context of Dark Skies Rangers project and sharing of best practices, NUCLIO has all the rights of reproduction, publication and exhibition of the works, worldwide, in any medium, without prior notice, consent or compensation.
The works will not be subject to any kind of marketing, unless agreed by all parties and to promote the Dark Skies Rangers.